Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm SNOW over it

But obviously not over the clever little zing dings into which people have been incorporating the word 'snow' and meant to make light of the fact that DC is entering an ice age (SNOW-MG is my fave). My room in my house used to be a balcony, and I am afraid of it falling off of the house, whirling away, becoming buried in a dog park near the capitol somewhere, a la Wizard of Oz. A suggestion by ways of my brilliant friend Lacy makes me think I need to buy a helium tank and millions of balloons as preparation for the next snow storm (UP-style, check out this link it's a movie trailer mashup of Gran Torino and Up). Not to mention emergency flares for when I'm buried underneath 6 ft of snow and dog shit.

Here are some shitty pictures from my phone from Sat evening. I have never seen the city so quiet. I felt like I was Cillian Murphy having just woken up from a coma to a world taken over by flesh eating zombies



Imagine trying to dig this out while zombies snap at your ankles and devour your dog. It's time to head for the helicopter pad.




So many potential zombie hiding places.

As you can tell, I've got zombies on the mind. I ordered 28 Weeks Later from Netflix about a month ago and it continues to lay next to my gummi vitamins, daring me to watch it. I keep pulling the DVD out of the sleeve, and then shoving it back in, running away and hyperventilating in the corner of my room with a blanket over my head, only to have the whole cruel cycle repeated again in the next couple of hours. The first time I ordered this movie I returned it without ever watching it, and, now, even though I still lack the courage to watch it, I am unable to swallow my pride and simply return it. It's quite stupid, actually, because I'm losing money keeping this stupid movie for so long. I just get into movies WAY too much and know that if I were to watch 28 weeks later during a snowstorm, I will go crazy and have an urgent need to buy a baseball bat/fling LPs at anything that moves . 

4 comments:

ben said...

you're smart to make these preparations now. i think there's a lot of assumption in the Christian community that the Zombies will come in summer: Mk 13:18 "Pray that it will not come in the winter..."

But that's far from a promise, just a recognition that we'd be even more hosed to be freezing to death while avoiding the brain eating undead. so please do take the time to tell your less cognizant friends of the special wintertime dangers we all face.

/i do the same thing with those movies
//can't watch 'em, can't not watch 'em

Alia said...

I'm too terrified to see it too, mostly cuz I spend most of my time by myself. Now I have a really good activity idea for when I come see you in June...

TheBrainInJane said...

I have the same problem with the series "Supernatural." A friend lent it to me, but I am such a wuss that I have to put it on mute when it gets to particularly scary parts. If only I didn't live alone...

Sudhana said...

Watching the 28 days later with you was fun, mostly because of the shell shock you had for the rest of the night. I recommend watching 28 weeks later with friends, and not alone. I can't even watch serial killer shows alone.